Sunday, 28 March 2010

Wallpaper editing tool: Photoscape


I've found a pretty useful tool for creating wallpapers for my BlackBerry: Photoscape.

It's a free image-editing app with batch support.

I get my wallpapers typically from searches on Google Images, and download them. I open Photoscape, and using "Editor" I crop each image to a 4x3 ratio (I have the 9700 480x360 screen), and save each.

Then I use the "Batch Editor" to load all the images, resize them to 480x360, Sharpen them +1, Contrast Enhance low and Deepen low or middle, then convert all. I've found the deepening and sharpening enhances the images somewhat on the BB screen.

In the batch editor, you can actually use "Crop" to autocrop/size the images to the right size, but the cropping can be a little haphazard, and I prefer to get it right manually.

1 comment:

primarycases said...

Its a cool funtion in blackberry mobiles its a pretty useful tool for creating wallpapers on BlackBerry: Photoscape.
Main thing is that its free app we can create our own .
Thanks to sharing this information.
Blackberry cases